Search engine optimization in the context of text creation is a long and discussed topic – already years ago, today and most probably also in the future. There are countless opinions, but nobody knows exactly how Google does its measurements. Nevertheless, some methods have emerged over time that are not only good for ranking, but also improve text quality. Read our 5 SEO tips for sustainable successful texts.
Google wants you to provide content that fits the needs of people and not those of algorithms. So if you write a high quality text for your target group, it will also improve your SEO ranking. For most SEO texts a length of round about 300 words is appropriate, because it is a good compromise – concise but long enough to provide the reader with a lot of interesting information. But this is just a rough recommendation. The most important thing is the content itself and its editing.5 tips to write successful search engine optimized texts:
5 tips to write successful search engine optimized texts:
- Your texts should have an added value for your readers and relate to the product/service by naming benefits, explaining special features and mentioning details. What does it mean when a smartphone has “NFC”? What is the advantage of a smartphone that has a 4 inch or a 6 inch display? Consider the text a substitute for the sales conversation.
- Use a clear and natural language and speak the language of your target group. Important for web texts: Reading on the screen quickly tires your eyes, the user doesn’t read as long as on paper. Therefore: Name the important points at the beginning of the text and formulate your sentences briefly and concisely.
- Avoid duplicate content: Neither the reader nor Google likes to read the same content multiple times. Describe the characteristics of the offer and work out the individual USPs. Your readers appreciate that and Google rewards it too. If your offer is too extensive to write all texts manually, you also have the possibility to scale the writing with the help of automated text creation.
- Find out which keywords are particularly attractive for your product/service. Google provides a keyword planner that shows you how often the word is searched for and how big the competition is for this keyword. Use them in headlines and in important text sections such as summaries or conclusions. But be careful: Please don’t use them more often than it makes sense and also find related words and synonyms.
- Make sure your text is well-structured and formatted. Include headlines, subheadlines, paragraphs, summaries, bullet lists, text boldings and conclusions. These things help make your text scanable and enjoyable to read. All headlines should be formatted as HTML headlines.
Those are some things you can do to optimize your texts for Google and for your readers. You don’t have to take all these tips one-to-one, but it helps to keep them in mind if you want to write successful search engine optimized texts.
Would you like to know how you can speed up your content creation?
See how the AX technology works!